At Ryders Green, we strive to give every child, every opportunity, at their one chance in primary school.
Our Religious Education scheme of work meets the requirements of the Sandwell Agreed Syllabus and it will –
- develop an awareness of spiritual and moral issues in life experiences;
- develop knowledge and understanding of major world religions and value systems found in Britain;
- develop an understanding of what it means to be committed to a religious tradition;
- reflect on the children’s own experiences and to develop a personal response to the fundamental questions of life;
- develop an understanding of religious traditions and to appreciate the cultural differences in Britain today;
- develop investigative and research skills and to enable them to make reasoned judgements about religious issues;
- show the children how to have respect for other peoples’ views and to celebrate the diversity in society;
- promote the children’s own involvement in their own religion.
The units of work will educate the children, teaching them and delving into many religions such as – Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Sikhism, Buddhism and Judaism. The units covered for each year group are-
- Our wonderful world
- Special books
- Why do Christians give gifts at Christmas?
- What did Jesus teach us?
- What do Hindus Celebrate?
- What do Muslims Celebrate?
- Christmas Celebrations
- Christian Rites of Passage
- Leaders and Teachers
- What do Sikhs believe?
- Who was Buddha?
- Why is the Torah special?
- Jewish celebrations
- What do signs and symbols mean in religion?
- What do we know about Jesus?
- What is the Bible and why is it important to Christians?
- Islamic Rites of Passage
- Buddhist festivals
- Christmas Journeys
- Hindu worship at home and in the Mandir
- Why is Easter important to Christians?
- Sikh Rites of Passage
- Identity and belonging
- Why is Muhammad important to Muslims?
- Where did the Christian Bible come from?
- Belief in our community
- Buddhist worship and beliefs
- Sikh worship and the community
- Stories of Christianity
- How do people express their faith through arts?
- What is a church?
- Jewish worship and the community
- What happens when we die?
- What is the Qur’an and why is it important to Muslims?
- Stories of Hinduism